Thursday, October 7, 2010

Killing Time: Coffee at the Coffeehouse

.
I play a lot of chess at Cafe Calypso. I wish I could claim some great games, but really it's just to get out of the house.
.
I usually get either a cookie or a coffee. They make some pretty good cookies there. However, the coffee lasts longer and even when empty makes me look legit.
.
Coffee tastes like crap. I've always thought so and have added a ton of milk/cream and sugar to compensate. My dad drinks it black, and it got me to wondering if there's some hump I have to get over to enjoy the plain unadulterated taste.
.
Tonight, I had some coffee and a biscotti. Having the cookie offset my plan to get used to the bitter drink, at least while I had both. Soon enough, the biscotti ran out, and I was left with my cup of jo. There's nothing I dislike more than paying for something and leaving it, so in spite of not actually liking it, I drank it.
.
I guess the real question is this: Is the chess worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment